Lavender oil can be seen as the “jack of all trades” in the world of essential oils. Not only does it smell wonderful, it contains many practical uses for healthy living as well.
1) Reduce Redness and Pain from a Sunburn: Rub a few drops of lavender oil on the affected red area that has been burned. The oils will soothe the burned skin.
2) Disinfect Cuts and Scrapes Essential oils have antibacterial, anti-viral and anti-microbial functions. Use a cotton ball soaked in lavender oil and rub on the cut as a natural disinfectant.
3) Ward off Fleas and other Bugs:
Lavender can also soothe the skin of our furry friends. Use a few drops and rub into Fido’s fur. The oil will calm the itchy skin as well as fend off additional fleas.
4) Improve Complexion and Combat Excess Face Oil: Chemically manufactured facial cleansers strip skin from the natural oils it contains. Add a few drops of lavender with a non clogging carrier oil after you wash your face to restore natural moisture.
5) Relieve Itchy Bug Bites Rub a few drops of lavender oil on an itchy bug bite for a natural soothing recipe.
6) Eliminate nausea Inhale the oil directly from the bottle and place a few drops of lavender on your abdomen, wrists, and temples to aid in the elimination of nausea.
7) Soften Chapped Lips Mix lavender oil with sugar to create a DIY lip scrub to help exfoliate and soften chapped lips.
8) Promote Restful Sleep Lavender has natural soothing agents that help in restful sleep. Add a few drops of Lavender oil to distilled water in a spray bottle and mist your pillow to help calm your thoughts and let you drift to dream land.
9) Reduce Wrinkles The moisturizing agents in lavender help keep skin firm and supple. Add a few drops of Lavender oil to a distilled water spray bottle apply to skin.
10)Improve Concentration: Try inhaling lavender oil with other oils like peppermint to sharpen the mind and focus on concentration. Lavender helps you focus on more singular thoughts or problems by quieting all the other distractions going on inside your head.
Don’t hesitate to leave a comment with any tips we may have missed. We love to share our findings with our fellow essential oil enthusiasts.